Aperio makes the final six for IFSEC 09 awards Aperio, the latest in wireless door access control technology from Abloy UK, has been shortlisted for Physical Security Product of the Year at the leading security event IFSEC 2009, to be held at the NEC in Birmingham, 11-14 May. Under the banner ‘Instant Intelligent Integration’, Abloy UK, part of the ASSA ABLOY Group, will unveil Aperio as the instant way to upgrade a mechanical door to a fully online door. Aperio provides a crucial link between physical security and access control systems. It is easy to install and enhances both the management and surveillance of the complete system. It also provides an intermediate level of security between wired doors and mechanical cylinders. Aperio development has taken into account the results of in-depth customer research and therefore addresses the need to find ways to keep costs down, ensure low energy consumption and support existing RFID technologies. “To be shortlisted for this award by a panel of independent industry experts is a great accolade for us and it helps to enhance Abloy UK’s reputation as one of the UK’s leading security and access control companies,” commented Matt Thomas, Managing Director of Abloy UK. “Aperio has been developed by our Shared Technologies division and unlocks a whole range of wireless possibilities for access control technology. “Our expertise in access control enabling products has given us a great foundation to develop solutions that our customers want. Just 5% of all doors are online, leaving the remaining 95% difficult to manage and monitor. Aperio gives security, IT and facilities managers a simple, intelligent way to raise the security level of their premises at a lower cost than a traditional system. “ Aperio provides security, IT and facilities managers with ‘Instant’, time-saving and cost-effective access control with convenient, remote permissions updates. The new system will make ‘Intelligent’ access control easily available by providing flexible online control to RFID technology and, by using the latest in wireless door access control technology, it enables ‘Integration’ with incumbent technology. Aperio is an easy to manage system allowing for one card per user – an affordable and effective way to boost security. The market research conducted globally showed that security and IT managers around the world ranked an efficient way to expand and upgrade their existing access control system as one of their most important needs. “Many premises already have an access control system for the most important doors and mechanical locks on the rest of the doors. With Aperio they can afford to connect these and gain an increased security level without having to change all access control cards”, continued Matt Thomas. “Aperio is designed as a complete solution for the security, IT or facility manager, who needs to improve the security level and controllability of the premises but doesn’t want to invest a fortune or to exchange existing doors,” he adds. “Introducing Aperio technology will reinforce our market leadership in high-tech, intelligent door solutions. With Aperio we are creating an opportunity to increase the market for intelligent doors by bridging the gap between mechanical and electronic security solutions”. Visitors to IFSEC 2009 can talk to experts from Abloy UK and see the product demonstrated at the ASSA ABLOY stand at E10 Hall 3. For more information and to book an appointment with a representative on the stand please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.